International Workshop on Energy Efficient High Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (EEHPDC-2013)
Co-located with ACM HPDC 2013
New York City, NY, USA -- June 17th, 2013
The growing scale of High Performance Computing systems and enterprise data centers has made issues related to power consumption, air conditioning, and cooling infrastructures critical concerns in terms of efficiency and robustness as well as operating costs. Furthermore, with the advent of Cloud computing consolidated virtualized data centers are emerging as attractive computing platforms for data- and compute-intensive applications and provide opportunities for higher utilization and energy savings. As a result, energy efficiency and the tradeoffs between energy efficiency and performance have become key challenges that must be addressed in both, distributed and traditional performance-oriented infrastructures.
This workshop aims to provide a timely forum for presenting novel idea and latest findings as well as to discuss research directions and challenges related to Energy Efficient for High Performance Computing Parallel and Distributed Computing.
Work-in-progress papers as well as papers exploring unconventional and out-of-box approaches are specifically of interest to this workshop.
We invite the submission of original work that is related to the topics below. The papers should be up to 8 pages long.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
-Energy-aware algorithms and application formulations
* Energy-aware HiPC applications
* Energy-efficient application design
* Algorithms for reduced power, energy and heat
- Energy-aware language abstractions, programming systems
* Code profiling and transformation for energy efficiency
* Programming models extensions for energy efficiency
- Energy-aware runtime and middleware
* Runtime systems for HiPC that assist in power saving
* Power-aware middleware for HiPC
* Energy-efficient grid, cloud, and data center technology
- Energy-aware virtualization
* Energy efficiency and virtualization
* Energy, performance, quality of service and other resource tradeoffs
- Energy-efficient architectures
* Power-aware architectures for HiPC
* Future energy-efficient architectures
* System-level optimization, cross-layer coordination
Abstract submission: February 4th, 2013 (11:59PM PST)
February 11th, 2013 (11:59PM PST) - Extended: February 25th, 2013 (11:59PM PST)
March 18th, 2013 - Extended: March 31st, 2013
Final papers due: April 15th, 2013
For more information on the workshop, please contact the workshop chairs:
Ivan Rodero (irodero AT rutgers DOT edu)
Manish Parashar (parashar AT rutgers DOT edu)